dog spring

From time to time
He makes mention that he might
Let one or two of them go
Because with the future unsure
We’re not sure where we will go
But I know how he’s built
Because I’ve been here all along
That the way that he is
Never lets his heart down
The simple unconditional love
He is shown will keep him held on
To each one of their hearts
Till they’ve passed on
I know him too well
He’ll make it work
Even if one gets held somewhere
He’ll come back and get it
I watched him stare into one dilapidated eye
And he smiled with his soul
And it shined from his mind
I can see right past that happy big gold brown
And see his spirit inside him
Shining with delight
For the love he exudes and the talent of his brain
God, I love this good man,
Even past I hit grave

© L ²

No comments:

Post a Comment