perfectly pleased

new wardrobe
old story
always right in the right place
despite uncertain
quite devoted
to what i've attained
too brief to be bought
but always on track
to amount what i've gathered
straight off the rack
don't take offense
this is my best
i am beyond my own games
i'm critically sought
and widely acclaimed
for words that were spoke
and ways i've affected
many dislike this air of demur
but i'm not sure i give a fuck
most people are a bore
i'm best by myself
till those show i can entertain
but to reach my level
of satisfaction
i go inside my own brain
a dangerous place
it was in the past
has become my best friend
and i'm healthy at last
transitional time, it took
and spots i sat
weren't my best look
but with age and time and inner reflect
i've found well enough
that i was always my good friend
i learned the hard way
how to do simple things
and made me quite sure
that i'm fit for beginnings
of not humble or huge
but simply wonderful roles
of courageous acts
of a NON feminist girl,
a prize possession that money can't buy
it takes a professional man
who can potentially supply
the power and passion to envelop my ears
and hold me and love me
more than a few years
tried and true
tested over time
it took patience and persistence
and he worked to get mine
it finally paid off
after marriage and divorce
to stay faithful to a force
where he had no control
he never asked me for anything
but what exactly i'd learned
and what i realized
after so much time
is that all i request
is respecting my mind
the praise and appreciation
those are bonuses and beyond
for all i ask
is to let me get mine
i enjoy, so much,
to wax and scrub
so to file and organize
is the best type of fun
and he knew all along
that with a pile of good living
in addition to me
he'd have the world in his fingers
and i watch him continue to direct the whole world
with his ear in and a vision
of thousands of miles
of clouds and tin
and traveling kin
to see family and futures
each day he begins
with the sight of someone
who lives to prepare
to make him the center of the universe
while he controls the air
i step up
on my royal throne
as i wait for a timer
to remove from the stove
the sustenance and satisfaction
i cook up from scratch
and this lucky son of a bitch
gets the whole fucking batch
because there is not a single thing
i won't do in this life
that won't be with absolute dedication
as his loving wife


© L ²

No comments:

Post a Comment